top of page
Denture Care Instructions
Legacy Denture Clinic is committed to fitting you with beautiful and effective dentures that improve your speech, your diet and your life. Follow these simple instructions to ensure your dentures last as long as possible.
- Rinse and brush your dentures and your mouth with water after each meal.
- Rinse and brush your denture with a denture brush and soak them once a day in a cleaning solution. Using an ultrasonic machine will greatly improve the cleanliness of your dentures.
- If you have a partial denture, remove it and brush your natural teeth twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Brush your gums with a soft bristle toothbrush.
- Remove your dentures at night, if at all possible. This will give your tissues a chance to regenerate and allow blood to flow easier under the tissue to promote healthy gums. Leave your dentures in a denture bath of fresh water while you have them out of your mouth at night.
- Use products specifically made for dentures. Do not use regular toothpaste on a full or partial denture as this will scratch the finish on your denture and cause more buildup of plaque and tartar.
- Do not soak your denture in boiling water as this can warp the plastic.
- Do not soak your denture in bleach or any other toxic chemical.
- We recommend you bring your dentures in once per year for a professional cleaning as part of your regular denture hygiene program. Your dentures will be cleaned using a powerful commercial strength cleaner, removing bacteria, tartar, stains and other buildup. Your dentures will then be polished to prevent bacteria from sticking to the surface of your dentures.
Legacy Denture Clinic is proud to offer several products to help you maintain your dentures, including:
- Denture brushes
- Ultrasonic cleaners
- Stain-Away Denture cleaning solution
- Travel and nighttime denture storage boxes
bottom of page